Duck Dynasty

This is where we discuss what's going on in the news and express our opinions about such things. Please begin all threads with a link to a news item.

Moderator: Teachers

Re: Duck Dynasty

Postby Ouachita6 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:36 pm

The Robertsons are a good family and they are now financially blessed beyond measure. I am blessed to have a job, food on the table, a house, etc and would not want the riches and the fame they have. They are now letting Hollywood and the A&E Network run thier lives. They speak all over the county to help schools, churches, and community events, which is a great ministry, but they have hurt some others along the way. Within the last year, or should I say since Duck Dynasty aired, they have canceled many events that were booked before the show became a hit. Events that went through the proper channels, paid deposits, booked a venue, and started raising the speaker funds, etc. to secure one of the Robertson Clan to speak. They are booking other "bigger" events in the place of the smaller ones. Some events canceled were to help benefit children. A promise was made to many groups that they would speak and they are not keeping their word. The company that was based on good Morals and Standards is losing integrity in the area I live in. Many blessings to their family and their service to God.
Ouachita6

Postby nursecop818 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:48 pm

I am actually from West Monroe, even attended WFR once upon a time and know that family. WFR is a more liberal Church, with a great emphasis on young couple outreach. The Robertsons only just reached an agreement sigh A&E to use the words "in Jesus Name" at the end of their prayers. They have a say in the end production of the show, but only so much. With the rise of their popularity they have earned more pull in how the end product looks on TV. They just signed a five year contract for shows and hopefully in these next five seasons we will see more Church influence, especially with Allen's involvement behind the scene. The family truly hopes to use the show as a tool to reach people and spread the word, but they have to fight with Hollywood censorship every step of the way. There has to be some understanding and support from the Church community while they work to achieve this, because obviously A&E isn't going to just turn them loose to evangelize the nation. At the very least, their show has captured the Marion's attention for being more moral and family oriented than any others on TV. As they go forward we should see more God oriented shows, if all goes as planned.
nursecop818

Postby Brandon Blankenship » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:58 am

I watch the show a lot. And as far as if the way they worship or carry themselves is acceptable before God, I don't know. I know a lot of Churches that is a little liberal. But are they over the line to where God rejects them as he did some of the seven Churches of Asia, it's hard to say. I'm sure God knows. From what i've seen of the show, it's a lot better entertainment to watch if your a Christian than most things on television. I do have a problem with most of the men having long hair. Myself, I don't think that is acceptable for a Christian. Especially an Elder.
Brandon Blankenship

Postby jcm87 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:35 pm

I seem to remember a Judge by the name of Samson whom God forbade to cut his long hair. I have a hunch Samson wasn't the only long-haired Biblical character. 1 Samuel 16:7 says, "But the Lord said to Samuel, 'Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.'"
jcm87

Postby Brandon Blankenship » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:40 pm

jcm87 wrote:I seem to remember a Judge by the name of Samson whom God forbade to cut his long hair. I have a hunch Samson wasn't the only long-haired Biblical character. 1 Samuel 16:7 says, "But the Lord said to Samuel, 'Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.'"

1Co 11:14 Does not even nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a dishonor to him? This is New Testament. You quoted out of the old.
Brandon Blankenship

Postby Deak-Jr » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:47 pm

I stumbled across this thread during a search on Duck Dynasty, and what various segments of society thought of the show.

At any rate, I was very impressed by the unfailing ability of posters in this thread to disagree, and yet do so civilly. I wish this were the norm; unfortunately, it too often seems to be the exception.

That's all. I was impressed enough to register and comment. Thanks.
Deak-Jr

Postby David Hersey » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:57 am

Deak-Jr wrote:I stumbled across this thread during a search on Duck Dynasty, and what various segments of society thought of the show.

At any rate, I was very impressed by the unfailing ability of posters in this thread to disagree, and yet do so civilly. I wish this were the norm; unfortunately, it too often seems to be the exception.

That's all. I was impressed enough to register and comment. Thanks.

Welcome.

Stick around and study with us. :mrgreen:
Philippians 3:14
I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
David Hersey

Postby amberdeitz » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:57 am

I saw Jase, Willie and Martin at Bubba's Bash this summer. I was very proud of them,Jase more so. At the end of his sermon Jase was asked to lead anyone who had not yet become a christian into a relationship with Jesus with the sinner's prayer. Jase smiled real big, bowed his head and asked God to touch the hearts of any non-christian in the room and to show them their need to repent and be baptized for the forgiveness of their sins. Also, for them to then find a church that could help them in this process. I was so thankful that despite their surroundings, the guys stood firm in the truth and did not let anyone walk away that day believing they were saved just because they repeated a prayer. The look on Judah Smith's face was one of great confusion. A look that reminded me of just how different the Church of Christ/Christian Church is.
amberdeitz

Postby chkrdr » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:48 pm

***content deleted******

Off Topic.
chkrdr

Postby Seth1 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:01 pm

Is this really how we want others to view us? Running down a Christian family for being successful? It's not brotherly love but true green jealously. This family is showing the rest of America that through serving God you are rewarded. Take heed of this thread and the nah Sayers here that tend to fancy themselves "chosen" and above everyone else. Remember the issues Jesus had with the Pharisees and think about it before you condemn. As for the wine issue, Jesus made wine and last i read in the good book nothing God made is evil, not to mention Paul encouraged its use (not abuse).
Seth1

PreviousNext

Return to Media News